Eucharistic Revival Resources
"My flesh for the life of the world." John 6:51
The Bishops of the United States (USCCB) are calling for a three-year grassroots revival of devotion and belief in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. They believe that God wants to see a movement of Catholics across the United States, healed, converted, formed, and unified by an encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist—and sent out in mission “for the life of the world.” The three years will focus on different levels of Church life and include the first National Eucharistic Congress in the United States in nearly 50 years.
Below you will find some resources to help you grow in understanding of the great gift of the Eucharist and in the importance of the Mass.
Diocese of Portland
- "Do this in memory of me." - Bishop Deeley's pastoral letter
- Echoing God's Word - Reflections on the Sunday Readings.
- Eucharistic Adoration times at parishes across the diocese.
- Returning to Mass FAQs
- Saints and the Eucharist
- Understanding the Mass
- What the saints tell us about the Eucharist
Resources for Parish Planning
- Framework for Planning - Parish Revival Year
- Parish Revival Year Plan Template (Download to desktop after opening to enter information)
- Slides from the presentation given at the 2022 Clergy Institute
- Eucharistic Procession Guidebook (from Knights of Columbus)
- Was ever a command so obeyed? Why we celebrate Mass.
- The Mass: Who's on first?
- Dear Fr. Joe: How do I convince my friends to come back to church?
- Dear Fr. Joe: Is Christ really and truly present in the Eucharist?
- From the Bishop- Finding a welcoming gift in the Catholic Church (May 2022)
- From the Bishop - Reviving appreciation for the gift of the Eucharist (September 2022)
- From the Bishop - Together, we form the Church (July 2021)
- The Last Word - Pondering the gift of the Eucharist (July 2021)
- The Last Word - The Gift of the Eucharist (January 2022)
- The Last Word - Hungry for Bread, Hungry for the Eucharist (March 2022)
- Eucharistic Prayer Companion for the Lenten Season & Sacred Triduum in English in Spanish
- USCCB website dedicated to the National Eucharistic Revival in English in Spanish
- Celebrating the Lord's Day - USCCB
- "The Mystery of the Eucharist in the Life of the Church" - Committee on Doctrine of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), November 2021
- Why it's important to participate in the Mass
- Information for Parish Point Persons for the Eucharistic Revival
Pope Francis / Vatican
- Pope Francis: Explaining the Mass
- Pope Francis: The Power of the Eucharist
- Pope Francis: Why Catholics Need Mass Each Sunday
- Saint John Paul II: Ecclesia de Eucharistia - The Eucharist in its relationship to the Church
Other Dioceses and Bishops
- Bishop Robert Barron: This is the Moment: Go Back to Mass
- Bishop Robert Barron: The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist
- Sign up for a free online course on the Eucharist offered by Bishop Andrew Cozzens of the Diocese of Crookston, MN.