Filing a Sexual Abuse Report

How to File a Sexual Abuse Report

Anyone wishing to report an allegation of sexual abuse by clergy or Church representative should call:

Diocesan Investigator Mike Magalski
Phone: 207-321-7836
E-mail: [email protected]

The Diocese will inform the victim that a report will be made and advise and support a victim’s right to make a report themselves.

The Diocese will offer to pay for counseling with a licensed therapist of the individual’s choice, regardless of whether the individual is in the process of asserting a lawsuit or a claim for damages against the Diocese. The Bishop or his representative will offer to meet the reported victim or his/her family.

Our Policy on Counseling Assistance Reimbursement is published here.

filing abuse report youtube video image













For additional information or help, you may write or contact:

Carolyn Bloom, Independent Clinician
384 Court St
Auburn ME 04210-4604
Email: [email protected]


Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland
Office of the VAC
510 Ocean Avenue
Portland ME 04103-4936
Phone: 207-613-4546

Any report of abuse of minors or vulnerable adults will be reported to civil authorities.

More information on the Church’s response to sexual abuse can be found at USCCB.ORG.  

You can also view the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' "The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People."