This page last updated 2:00pm on July 9, 2020
Our practices as Catholics already provide us with skills and experiences that we can use to deal with the realities of the Covid-19 pandemic and community challenges, especially when we are struggling or feel overwhelmed.
On this page, you will find ideas and links to resources you can use to channel time and energy in positive ways while you deal with the Covid19 pandemic and concerns raised by social distancing, health measures, or community challenges. With the help of God and each other, we will continue to pray, learn, and connect across Maine as the unified diversity in the Body of Christ.
Click to access Parish Leader resources
- Pray the Litany of the Precious Blood of Jesus. Click here to access the prayer.
- Read through the prayers the saints used to honor and reverence the Precious Blood of Christ.
- Use John 19:17-37 to help you ponder the suffering of Christ as He poured out His Precious Blood for us.
- Discover how the month of July is focused on the Precious Blood of Christ. Click here to find out more.
- Learn about St. Kateri Tekakwitha who reverenced the Precious Blood through her aversion to sin. Her feast day is July 14.
- Share this week's "Rediscovering the Joy of the Family" resource with a friend or neighbor
- Give sacrificially by doing a work of mercy. For ideas and suggestions on how to do the works of mercy from home click here.
NOTE: all links are provided for your convenience; the Diocese of Portland is not responsible for the content on pages outside of our website.
Click to access an archive of suggestions from past weeks