Holy Family Parish includes Holy Family Church in Greenville and St. Joseph Church in Rockwood, while St. Anthony of Padua Parish includes St. Faustina Church in Jackman.
Holy Family Church
145 Pritham Avenue, Greenville
Holy Family Church was blessed and dedicated by Bishop Robert Deeley on Sunday, March 4, 2018. During the dedication Mass, the bishop described the church as “the very embodiment of love” of the community.
The church was built on the same spot as the former Holy Family Church, which had stood for 90 years. Unfortunately, it was in need of repairs and, due to steep stairs, was difficult for some parishioners to access. Parishioners so loved the original church that they wanted to the new one to be built in a similar style. The new church features a traditional white steeple and an arched ceiling. The stained-glass windows from the original church, which feature the Holy Family, saints, and doctors of the Church, were all restored and installed in the new church. The windows are also now backlit, so they glow at night. Also restored was the original church’s 1927 Etsey reed organ, which hadn’t worked in years but was played at the new church’s dedication Mass.
Holy Family Church also features modern amenities including state-of-the-art audio-video and heating systems. The church, offices, and hall are all also now on a single level.
St. Faustina Church
370 Main Street, Jackman
St. Faustina Church was dedicated on December 12, 2013. It replaced St. Anthony of Padua Church, a stone church which dated back to 1928. Unfortunately, the old church needed significant repairs, so the decision was made to demolish it and built anew. Several items from the former church were, however, preserved, including the baptismal font, base of the altar, woodworking, and statues, which were restored. A 700-pound statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which is covered in gold leaf, welcomes parishioners and all who drive by the church. St. Faustina Church seats 124 but has space for 140. It is 50 feet wide by 108 feet long and includes a parish hall and a room in which the priest can stay.
St. Faustina Church, part of St. Anthony of Padua Parish, is named for St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, a Polish nun born in 1905 to whom Jesus revealed his message of Divine Mercy. St. Faustina was canonized by Pope St. John Paul II in 2000.
St. Joseph Church, Rockwood
4104 Rockwood Rd., Rockwood Township
Built in 1917, St. Joseph Church is a mission church of Holy Family Parish and is traditionally open during the summer months, drawing a faithful community that returns year after year to enjoy the Moosehead Lake Region of Maine.