PORTLAND---All are invited to participate in a once-in-a-lifetime trip this summer as Bishop Robert P. Deeley leads a pilgrimage to Fatima and Lourdes from Sunday, August 26, to Tuesday, September 4.
The tour package, assembled by Dube Travel in Auburn, includes custom coach bus transportation from Portland to Logan Airport in Boston, roundtrip airfare from Boston to Europe, deluxe coach transportation in Europe, eight nights of hotel accommodations, daily breakfast and dinner, a wine tasting in Oporto, professional guides, admission fees (per itinerary), and experiences that participants will never forget:
- a stop in Santarém to visit the Church of the Holy Miracle;
- a scenic drive to Fatima to attend Mass in the Little Chapel of Apparitions;
- a visit to the miraculous fountain, the basilica, and the grotto where the Archangel Michael appeared, all in Fatima;
- a Mass at the Cathedral of St. James in Santiago de Compostela and viewing of the spot where the remains of St. James are buried;
- a walking tour of Santiago de Compostela, including Rajoy Palace;
- a visit to the famous Sandeman & Co. Port Wine Cellar in Oporto;
- a tour in Burgos of both the birthplace of El Cid and the Cartuja de Miraflores where monks still make rosaries with rose pedals;
- a stop in Loyola, the birthplace of St. Ignatius, founder of the Society of Jesus, for Mass at the magnificent basilica;
- a guided tour of the beautiful Our Lady of the Rosary Basilica in Lourdes;
- Mass at the Grotto in Lourdes where Our Lady appeared to Bernadette;
- a tour of the Basilica of St. Pius X in Lourdes, the largest underground basilica in the world;
- a walking tour of the Steps of Bernadette and a candlelight procession;
- and an opportunity to go to the miraculous baths in Lourdes, site of many reported miracles.
The price per person (based on double occupancy) is $3,099.
To make a reservation deposit or to obtain a copy of the itinerary and further details, contact Teena Dick at Dube Travel by calling (207) 784-2916 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.