The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops will convene an unprecedented gathering of key leaders from dioceses and Catholic organizations from across the country in order to assess the challenges and opportunities of our time, particularly in the context of the Church in the United States. The gathering, which will be held in Orlando, Florida, will assemble Catholic leaders for a strategic conversation, under the leadership of the bishops, on forming missionary disciples to animate the Church and to engage the culture.
Inspired by Evangelii Gaudium, this Convocation will form leaders who will be equipped and re-energized to share the Gospel as missionary disciples, while offering fresh insights informed by new research, communications strategies, and successful models. Guided by Pope Francis’s apostolic exhortation on the proclamation of the Gospel in today’s world, diocesan delegations and leaders of National Catholic organizations will reflect, with their bishops, on topics such as:
- What does social analysis tell us about the “landscape” of the United States today?
- How can we respond?
- How does the call to Missionary Discipleship affect the way we structure Church programming?
- How do we witness to, live out, and celebrate our faith in the public square?
- What is the spirituality of a missionary disciple and what does the communion of saints have to teach us?
- What does it mean for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic organizations to go to the peripheries?
- While conversations like this are already happening on a local level?
Connect with thousands of Catholics and numerous Church leaders from diverse geographic areas, and ministries for four days of informative plenary presentations, briefings, and workshops that address current topics essential to our various ministries and better prepare us to meet present and future challenges.
- Learn more about the Convocation
- Preview of key presenters
- Convocation Schedule
- Participant Guidebook
- Participant Guidebook E-Book